Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Walking is Boring

Walking around campus lately I've seen a lot of people riding around on bikes and even scooters, so I was trying to figure out some other modes of transportation that might be able to get me around even quicker. Of course driving is always an option, but if you knew anything about the parking situation on campus you wouldn't dare move your car in the middle of the day once you've found a spot. I think I came up with a few ideas that may be a bit out of ordinary but are definitely comparable alternatives to walking(which is boring anyways, why not have fun while you're going somewhere). First thing that came to mind was a bike, I know you're probably thinking "Andrew that's so boring, you'll be like everyone else on campus" but I wasn't thinking about a modern bike I was thinking old school bike.

Real old school
I know the guy looks kinda sad on the bike but let's be realistic, I would be scared the entire time I'm on that thing. This bike makes getting hurt an even easier task. The positives about the bike though are that you would probably get where you're going faster than if you were on a modern bike because of the bigger wheel, and what woman doesn't like a man on an 18th century bicycle. It's sure to turn a few heads. But since finding one of these things in tact is probably impossible(as in I didn't even look it up) I'm moving on to another great idea for transportation, the canoe.
Just don't run into people
It's probably not great that when it rains so much that a viable option for transportation is actually a canoe. The main walkway on campus actually gets so flooded sometimes that the only way to get through there would have to be in a canoe. Some minor setbacks to using a canoe to get around campus though would be going uphill(yeah that's not happening), you have to have at least one friend to paddle the canoe with you, and there's nowhere to park it once you finally get to your destination. Since a canoe is out of the picture on days when it's not actually raining(as seldom as that may be), a great alternative is a hot air balloon.
The sky's the limit, oh and airplanes
Just think about how awesome it would be to be the only person on campus traveling to class in a hot air balloon. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to find parking for it, you could just land it on any old roof and you're right there at your class. Sure, the fuel for that thing might run you a little much but a hot air balloon sure would allow you to stand out.  So the next time you're looking for a way to get around campus, or just in general, go with the hot air balloon and be the most badass person you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment