Sunday, July 25, 2010

You may have the high ground, and my limbs

I made a pretty interesting discovery about myself lately when I was in the middle of an argument with a friend, and it's that when I enter into an argument it is my goal to never lose. Generally that's the idea of an argument, to prove your point to such an extent that whoever you're arguing with gives up the subject altogether. But I've noticed that I don't know when to stop and accept defeat. Me in an argument would be something like Anakin battling with Obi-wan on Mustafar in Episode 3, where I'm Anakin and even though Obi-wan clearly has the advantage I will do a fucking front flip into all my limbs being cutoff in order to win(except of course his robotic arm, which I sadly do not have). It would look something like this:

When he's laying on the ground is about the point where I realize that I've made a grave error, but hell if I'm gonna go down that easily. So after I get a nice new black suit(or construct someway to get the hell out of the position I'm in), it's now my sole goal just to annoy the person I'm arguing with so much that they just give up, a beautiful tactic really. So now in that argument I have gone from laying on the coast of Mustafar basically limbless to being Darth Vader. This is where the metaphor falls apart because I can't think of anyway to describe my being annoying to creating a kick ass death star and because I'm not an English major. But the point is I will come back and cut you down and make you into a ghost of a man which basically means we tie because Luke manages to fuck up everything for the empire, ass.

The whole point of that terribly thought out metaphor is that I will do a front flip and make some cool robotic suit to come back and cause you to submit to a tie. Usually though I never get into retarded arguments that often, except with one person. So don't be afraid to discuss something with me in fear that my awesome robotic limbs will cause you to tun into a ghost, because I would hate to come off that way.

Also, you probably realized by now that I don't care about spelling, because I'm sure I screwed something up in the last couple of paragraphs. I also have a pretty narrow understanding of what is actually going on in Star Wars and that probably won't change anytime soon. And if you've read through all this crap I salute you and encourage comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment