Monday, August 30, 2010

Songs for a better day

Today I was a bit pissed after my financial aid was less than I expected but there's nothing I can do but move on, so that's the plan. I've been in worse situations before, with long stories behind them and music was always there to get me through. So today I thought I might try and get back on track with my blog posts to take my mind off of the day I had and elaborate on the music that made me feel better.

1)The song that immediately came to my mind when I sat down at my computer was Thrash Unreal by Against Me!

There's something about the upbeat nature of the song that always makes me smile, and I would like to contribute this great song find to Laura, because she gave me the album in the first place.

2)The next song that turns a day way better would have to be: Moth's Wings by Passion Pit

I stumbled upon this song from watching a movie trailer and it made me immediately want to download more Passion Pit. The beat is pretty unique with a vocal styling unlike anything that I've heard recently.

3) What's more unlikely as a good song to turn a day around than one about the end of the world, enter: How far we've come by Matchbox Twenty

Another song I found in a trailer, but I'm sure I've heard it before on multiple commercials. It's one of the only Matchbox Twenty songs that I don't mind and it reminds me somewhat of the fast paced nature of R.E.M.'s "It's the end of the world as we know it".

4)After I signed up for Pandora last year I soon found a band that I remembered hearing when I was younger. It was Everclear and this is one of my favorite songs by them, Wonderful:

It seems to be I have a trend developing of having a liking of songs that actually have a terribly sad overtone. It makes me feel like I'm misinterpreting the undertone of the song but hell it definitely makes me feel good. The upbeat sound is set against some sad lyrics but it's my favorite Everclear song by far.

5) I'm gonna end this list here even though I could go on. The final song is I'll be alright without you by Journey.

I mean it's Journey, come on what else do I have to say to convince you how great a song this is. I could have put any Journey song right here but this one is the one that I've listened to the most lately and I like the way Steve Perry basically says "Fuck you" to the girl he had been dating. That's how you do it right there ladies and gentlemen, take notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment