Sunday, August 1, 2010

Spoiler Alert(Bruce Willis is a ghost)

As I sit here writing this post, I'm also watching Shutter Island and I can't focus on writing at all. PREPARE FOR GROSS AMOUNTS OF MISSPELLINGS(I actually misspelled misspellings at first but didn't want to look like an idiot) AND GRAMMAR ERRORS. This movie is definitely worth checking out if you haven't already, even if someone ruined the plot for you(if so punch that person). I'm not a big fan of people spoiling movies, but there's a certain length of time that a person has to see the movie before everyone should know the plot. Like if someone hasn't seen The Sixth Sense and still doesn't know that BRUCE WILLIS WAS A GHOST THE WHOLE TIME that's their own damn fault for being so slow on the pickup.

The look on that one person's face as I just ruined The Sixth Sense

I completely understand not seeing a movie for like 2 years, maybe even 3 but come on, over a decade get with the program and update your netflix or blockbuster queue more often. But there are some movies, however, that are impossible to spoil no matter how hard you try. One of the more recent ones that comes to mind is Inception. That movie has so many twists and turns and such an indefinite ending that I could tell you the entire plot of the film and you would still be confused(but I'm not gonna do that though because 2 years hasn't passed, BUT WHEN IT DOES, prepare for some confusion).

As you've seen in the past couple of paragraphs I love The Internet Movie Database, and can wonder around that website for hours. But one think that's a little annoying is the message boards. Sometimes I might go there before I see a movie and look thru the message boards to see if it's any good but the chances of finding spoilers there is close to 100, even just in the titles of the messages. DON'T GO TO THE MESSAGE BOARDS OF A MOVIE YOU WANT TO SEE LOOKING FOR NO SPOILERS, because you'll find'em and then you'll be all disappointed about a movie being ruined. At least that's the way I would feel, since I try and see as many movies as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment